Foster City, CA • Internship/Co-op Finance Internship/Co-op
Finance & Strategy
The Zoox Finance team is responsible for managing all aspects of our business’s finances including formulation of financial statements, maintaining short and long-term financial models and outlooks, financial analysis of strategic initiatives, implementation of tools and processes to support decision making, and much more.
As a Finance intern, you will contribute directly to providing financial support to business partners ranging from engineering teams such as Vehicle Development, Advanced Hardware Engineering, and IT and Infrastructure, to operations teams such as Places & Build, Fleet Operations, and People Experience. You will be involved in 2-3 high-visibility projects aimed at improving current tools and processes or building net new ones to unlock key insights and drive actionable decisions across the company. You will work closely with Finance, as well as business partners to truly understand the organization’s needs and gaps and deliver models, dashboards, or reports that help Zoox achieve its near and long-term milestones.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., or an MBA in a relevant program and within 1 year of graduation
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Working towards a B.S. in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 1-2 years experience in a corporate environment, working directly with Finance, Accounting, Investor Relations, Strategy, or other finance related functions
- Strong understanding of data analytics tools: Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, other
- Highly analytical, with proven ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of data, develop insights and recommendations and transform them into easily understood and compelling presentations
- Clear, concise, and professional communication aimed at business partners from individual contributors to executives
- Experience with financial tools: Planful, Anaplan, SAP, Oracle, Essbase
- Experience with financial forecasting
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.