Foster City, CA • Full-time Staff Compensation Manager
Staff Compensation Manager
The Staff Compensation Manager will lead our small but mighty Compensation team, focusing on the creation and administration of compensation platforms for Zoox. This position is responsible for providing strategic direction that evolves our compensation programs balanced with excellent analytical expertise to execute in alignment with Zoox’s philosophy and unique structure. This position will guide HR Business Partners and Recruiting in best-in-class compensation practices. Finally, this position will provide daily direction to the compensation team.
- Ensure the Zoox compensation program is executed and matured, providing a compelling compensation package to both new hires and existing crew
- Evaluate positions using job evaluation methodology, determines market pricing and market value ranges; ensure compliance with FLSA laws
- Evaluate alignment of employee pay levels considering internal equity and external competitiveness as well as employee performance
- Create proposals for compensation related topics (e.g., equity refreshers, localization)
- Support People Partners on compensation related issues, including the annual compensation review process, and work closely with Recruiting in the offer process
- Develop and iterate data analytics and ad hoc reporting on People and Compensation data (e.g., build and use tools that help understand and visualize data sets)
- Partner with HRIS in ensuring accuracy of data and seamless integration of systems with compensation processes
- Establish and/or document SOPs and other relevant processes related to compensation to ensure the function is ready to scale with Zoox
- Excellent cross-functional partnership, including Benefits, Payroll, and Finance
- Conduct and participate in compensation surveys
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Math, Statistics, Science or a similar quantitative field
- 10+ years of finance, HR and/or analytics experience; compensation experience required
- Prior people leadership experience, with a preference to leading small but mighty analytical teams where the leader also rolls up their sleeves
- Team player who is approachable and supportive; capable of providing strategic direction, executive summaries and syntheses, while also digging in on analytics
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Self-starter mentality who is comfortable working in an ambiguous, start-up environment. Ability to maintain a sense of urgency and execute quickly and efficiently
- Excellent analytical skills, including advanced skills in Excel (index functions, array formulas, advanced formulas, etc.) and overall proficiency in MS Office suite
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Deep experience with equity plans, including RSUs and SARs
- Advanced degree or CCP
- Working knowledge of FLSA, Equal Pay, Title VII, etc
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.