Foster City, CA • Full-time Senior/Staff Linux Systems Engineer
Senior/Staff Linux Systems Engineer
Information TechnologyApply for this position
With your larger team, you will be responsible for operating Zoox's application, compute, and storage platforms. A successful candidate for this role will have deep knowledge in the required areas while also being able to contribute to other technical efforts. An operational mindset as a steward of production environments is key.
- Expertise in current Linux Ubuntu including all deployment and administrative tasks
- Expertise in troubleshooting and reverse engineering full stack solutions
- Experience in implementation and understanding of high performance LAN with TCP/IP and other protocols (100Gbps minimum)
- Experience with enterprise-level production environments required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to participate in a 24x7 on call rotation
- Willingness to participate in occasional project activities in off-hours, including weekends.
- 5+ years of Linux system administration experience at an expert level
- Expert knowledge of Linux system internals as well as the full hardware and network stack.
- Scripting abilities (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Enterprise production mindset including Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Capacity to mentor and technically train more junior engineers.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other groups with diverse deliverable
- Ability to occasionally travel to Sunnyvale, CA and Menlo Park, CA data centers as needed
- Knowledge of x86/x64 architectures and hardware performance considerations
- Ability to supervise troubleshooting and repair of complex hardware and performance issues
- Exposure to GPU Computing
- Exposure to Data Center Inventory Management tooling: tracking of assets, dependency mapping and rack allocation considerations is a plus
- Exposure to GPU computing and ML/DL
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $158,000 to $260,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Copyright Zoox, Inc. 2021. All Rights Reserved.