Foster City, CA • Full-time 3D Artist, Industrial Design
3D Artist, Industrial Design
Zoox Industrial Design is a team of dreamers and creators who believe in the beauty, function and value that good design can bring to the world. We are focused on the pursuit of mobility for all through our vehicle and hardware design. We champion a philosophy of balance and harmony in our products to delight the individual and create a positive impact on the greater community. As a member of this team you will be joining our efforts to embrace these principles and design the future of Zoox autonomous mobility.
Your skills and experience as a 3D Artist will bring animations and images to life in order to further the design, marketing, and communications goals of Zoox. You will be tasked with creating exciting and informative artwork and designs using Blender 3D. The work will range from still images for social media and presentations to informative animations and marketing material. Join our team and bring your passion, experience and positive teamwork as we embark on the next chapter of Zoox design, branding and marketing.
- Create a wide range of animation and imagery for Zoox internal and external marketing and communications, as well as other cross-functional teams.
- Support the Industrial Design team by visualizing new vehicle concepts and design proposals.
- Execute a range of visual styles from realistic vehicle renders to stylized infographics and animations.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional partners to effectively bring various concepts to life.
- Use your design talent and expertise to bring life and creativity to animation and still images.
- 4+ years experience using Blender.
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of compositing software ie, DaVinci Fusion, Nuke, After Effects.
- Strong knowledge of modeling, texturing, shading, rendering and compositing.
- Good understanding of motion design, animating and rigging.
- Experience and deep understanding of the full 3D pipeline.
- An eye for detail as well as a holistic picture of the project.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks on a deadline.
- Ability and desire to work and communicate well with internal and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $134,000 to $220,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Copyright Zoox, Inc. 2021. All Rights Reserved.