Foster City, CA • Full-time New Product Introduction Engineer
New Product Introduction Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
The Mechanical team is responsible for the design and development of sensor and computer hardware for our autonomous vehicle. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and excited to work as an exceptional New Product Introduction Engineer. In this role, you will be asked to build and maintain BOMs, as well as update and improve designs for mechanical components and assemblies for our custom sensor and computer systems.
- Manage existing Bill of Materials and overall design configurations using CAD and PLM tools
- Work closely with PLM team to release all design changes on multiple systems
- Work closely with manufacturing team to ensure a smooth rollout of New Product
- Review existing product design and propose improvements to hardware and processes
- Work as part of a cross-functional team, and in accordance with the development process to implement, test, and monitor effective improvements
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with Catia v5/v6 and Enovia tools or similar
- Experience with mechanical design for electronics packaging in automotive, consumer, or aerospace industries
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Can work independently but isn’t afraid to ask for help from others
- Hands-on fabrication experience
- Experience creating 2D mechanical drawings with appropriate GD&T
- Experience with Quality Engineering principles and inspection processes
The salary range for this position is $128,000 to $210,000. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Additional benefits may be offered.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Related Open Positions
Mechanical Design Engineer - Sensors
Mechanical Design Engineer - Sensors
Contains in Qualifications
- Foster City, CA
- All Levels
Copyright Zoox, Inc. 2021. All Rights Reserved.