Updated: December 3, 2020
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use and Share It
Presently, Zoox does not publicly offer any products or services, through its website or otherwise, so the personal information we collect from you is limited. The personal information we collect includes:
- Information You Provide. This information may include personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, email address, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests. This information may be collected when you choose to interact with our website as well as with third-party websites that are linked with our website. If you do not want us to have such information, please do not provide it.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you visit our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, your network, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels, and other tracking technologies on our website, including:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us understand your use of our website and the popularity of certain content so we can improve your experience. You can learn about Google’s privacy practices at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and you can opt out of Google Analytics by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Facebook Pixel. We use Facebook Pixel to measure the effectiveness of our advertising by understanding the actions you may take on our website. Facebook Pixel assists us in customizing our advertising and serving you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. You can learn about Facebook’s privacy practices at www.facebook.com/about/privacy/, and you can opt out of the collection of your data by Facebook Pixel or the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by visiting www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads (you will need to log into your Facebook account).
- LinkedIn Insights Tag. We use LinkedIn Insights Tag to retarget our website visitors and learn insights about your interactions with our LinkedIn advertisements. You can learn about LinkedIn’s privacy practices at www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy, and you can opt out of LinkedIn Insights Tag at www.linkedin.com/psettings/.
- Google Ads. We use Google Ads to help us determine how effective our ad campaigns are. You can learn about Google’s privacy practices relating to Google Ads at policies.google.com/privacy, and you can prevent your participation in Google Ads conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com.
- Amazon Pixels. We use Amazon conversion pixels to help us measure the success of our advertising campaigns that are run through Amazon. You can prevent recording of the data generated by the Amazon pixels by clicking on the following link and checking the setting for “Do not show me interest-based ads provided by Amazon”: www.amazon.com/adprefs.
We may use the personal information you provide to us or that we collect about you to:
- Respond to an email or other inquiry or request, including to fulfill your request to subscribe to a Zoox newsletter;
- Customize your experience on our website;
- Deliver advertisements to you, including on other websites you visit;
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties;
- Increase the efficiency and operation of our website;
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve the functionality of our website;
- Send updates or notices about Zoox that we think may be of interest to you;
- Perform other business activities as needed, such as for recruiting purposes; and
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information or to which you otherwise consent.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
At all times, Zoox reserves the right to disclose your personal information where required by law or to comply with a valid legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order), to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, to protect Zoox’s rights or property, or during emergencies when personal safety is at risk.
We may also share your personal information with our third-party service providers (but only as necessary to provide services to us) and our affiliates, in which case we will require those third-party service providers and affiliates to keep such information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Among the third-party service providers that Zoox uses, and which may collect your personal information on Zoox’s behalf in order to provide services to Zoox, are the following:
Finally, we may share your personal information with a buyer or other successor company in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Zoox’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Zoox about our website visitors is among the assets transferred.
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, or would like to opt out of any future contacts from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us at the email address listed above.
Do Not Track Features
Zoox’s website is not intended for children. It is intended for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. But no security measures are 100% secure and, thus, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention by any third party of any privacy settings or security measures we implement.
Questions and Comments