Foster City, CA • Full-time Electrical Engineer
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
The Zoox Prototyping Team is responsible for unblocking the intricacies of Autonomous Mobility. Our team serves as a technical hub to resolve any challenging engineering and design problems. Together with the Prototyping Engineering team, you will accelerate the progress of hardware and software development through your innovative ideas, applied to newly discovered and interesting topics. You will develop a wide range of skills in fast prototyping scenarios, as you unlock the future of transportation.
If you enjoy cross-functional and meaningful work, then come join this passionate team where conceptual ideas are materialized into the physical world. As a team, we will make cities safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
- Develop and implement scalable and high-quality electromechanical solutions
- Analyze and document system requirements
- Create and validate electrical schematics
- Conduct system design reviews at critical gates of the product
- Create and execute electrical test requirements and test cases for prototype projects
- Work cross-functionally with mechanical, system integration, and wire harnessing teams
- Define and perform prototyping experiments
- Create harness fabrication quality checkpoints
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong fundamentals in using electrical lab equipment
- Familiarity with electronic manufacturing processes
- Strong understanding of designing schematics and PCBs
- Proficiency in designing electrical test benches and end-to-end product validation
- Automotive industry experience
- Hands-on harness fabrication experience
- Programming knowledge in Python or similar languages
- Experience using circuit simulation tools such as Matlab and LT Spice
- Experience in using Linux systems specifically for hardware tests and bring up
- Experience in using Altium Designer for PCB design
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $124,000 to $204,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Related Open Positions
Contains in Qualifications
- Foster City, CA
Contains in Qualifications
- Foster City, CA
- All Levels
Copyright Zoox, Inc. 2021. All Rights Reserved.